[bksvol-discuss] Re: Symbol

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 17:23:39 EDT

You just taught me something about JAWS that I did not know before. This
could really come in handy. There are many times I could have used that, but
did not know about it.

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Symbol
Date:
8/1/2009 4:54:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I don't know if this matters, but if you are using JAWS, pressing insert+4
on the number row brings up a list of symbols which you can copy to your
clipboard that includes both the single and double dagger.  Why not use
that, if that is the symbol that you want?  Unless, of course, you are
using
a different screen reader that does not offer this option, or do actually
mind if you stump bookshare's braille translator?  Just a thought.

Mayrie