[bksvol-discuss] Re: Switching from BrailleNote to Laptop: Book Problem

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:26:11 EST

The Stream does have a find function as long as you have the latest 3.0
firmware update. If you do not have that it can be downloaded from the
Humanware site. There is a simple installation procedure, but I forget the
details.
Someone on the Stream users list can tell you how to do that. You can
subscribe to the Stream users list at VRStreamUsers.org.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is the
 earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Switching from BrailleNote to Laptop: Book Problem
Date:
11/11/2009 10:22:14 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
kelbycarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Dear Booksharians,I am confronted with a bit of a quandry which I'm
wondering if I could get some advice on.  In the near future it's likely I'll
be
switching
from a BrailleNote to a laptop as my primary computing device (and I will
be giving the Brailleationffte to someone else.) I have a huge collection of
books, and many of them are in BRF format.  Now I do have a stream, but I'm
not aware that the stream has a "find" funcy and a lot of these books are
ones
I use as reference.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?
(And I may be mistaken about the stream.) I just don't want to have to try
and
convert all of my brf files, as that would be very cumbersome.--- Get FREE
High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html
---To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email
tobksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in
the subject line.  To
get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the
subject line.