[bksvol-discuss] Re: Summary Of Romance Club Kickoff Meeting

  • From: "Cindy Ray" <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:32:36 -0600

Yes, you said Wednesday for the universal time. Sure has been a long day.

Cindy Lou Ray

Cindy Lou Ray. Each day is a new adventure.
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007

    Leader: Grace Pires Email.

    silvara@xxxxxxx

    Assistant: Susan Lumpkin Email.

    slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    The Romance Book club held its kickoff meeting on Tuesday, December 11,
2007 with the following summation:

    1. Members discussed what they liked about romances and how they began
reading this genre.
    2. Grace Pires, the club's leader gave a broad overview of the evolution
and different forms of romance with discussion by participants in the group.
    3. Five Christmas books were recommended. The club voted to read A
Cinderella Christmas (American Romance) by Shelley Galloway. When Morgan finds
himself suddenly dateless for his company's Christmas ball, he asks the woman
who cleans his office. But the fairy tale evening falls apart when his
ex-girlfriend shows up.
    4. Meetings were scheduled for the third Friday of the month. In January,
the group will reconvene in the Friends of Bookshare Community Room on January
18, 2007 at 6:00 p.m. Pacific, 9:00 p.m. Eastern and Wednesday GMT 02:00.

    5. Everyone was encouraged to communicate with Grace or Susan in email
about either books or authors they would like the club to consider in the
    future.

    We both wish you a joyous holiday season and hope you will visit our
Romance Book Club again on Friday, January 18, 2008.

    Grace and Susan

    http://www.eset.com