[bksvol-discuss] Re: Suggestion for getting your book validated more quickly

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:42:10 -0800

My file names are not necessarily the exact name of the Jilltitle of the book and I have never had any problems. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:05 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Suggestion for getting your book validated more quickly

Hi all,

Well, seems that what you're discussing here is file naming conventions. The easiest and most universal way to name a file is outlined below.

1. Do not put any spaces in the file name. Use dashes or underscores between words; underscores are preferred.

2.  Write the whole titles of the book, unless it is huge.

3. If it's a book in a series, putting its series number in the file name is helpful. Use the computer numbering system: 01 02 03 etc.

this will enable any computer anywhere to process your files easily. I don't know what kind of a server Bookshare uses, but spaces in file names can cause problems for Linux servers. Lisa or Carrie can correct me if I'm wrong.

Ann P.