[bksvol-discuss] Re: Suggestion for getting your book validated more quickly

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:40:05 -0800

If any of the information is incorrect when we are uploading a validated copy, we should change it. Jill ----- Original Message ----- From: <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 12:59 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Suggestion for getting your book validated more quickly

Hi,
This brings up the question: Should we change the title when uploading to
reflect the right one or does that mess things up?

Jim

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

            "Judy s."
            <cherryjam@judyst
            ouffer.com>                                                To
            Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            bksvol-discuss-bo                                          cc
            unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
            g                                                     Subject
                                      [bksvol-discuss] Suggestion for
                                      getting your book validated more
            12/18/2007 02:03          quickly
            PM

            Please respond to
            bksvol-discuss@fr
               eelists.org

I've only been validating for about four weeks now, but I do have a
suggestion
for those who are submitting their books for validation.

Take the time to spell the book title and the author's name correctly when
you
submit the book.

I'm finding that when I look through the list for books that are ready to
validate, I avoid the ones with mis-spelled words and the words run
together in
the titles or in the author's name. I'm doing this because it gives me the

perception that if a person submitting the book didn't even take the time
to put
in this information correctly, I might see the same inside the book - that
can't trust how much time they spent on making sure the book was scanned
well.

Now, I am not saying at all that it's really the case that such a book is
poorly
scanned.  What I am saying is that it gives the perception that the book
might
be poorly scanned, so I'm unlikely to download the book to even find out.

So - for what it's worth - just a suggestion.

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx