[bksvol-discuss] Re: Suggestion for getting your book validated more quickly

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:07:44 -0600

Hello,

A major part of a validator's job is to provide a double check on the data on the submission form. This is a big help to the administrator who provides the final review of the book. The following is apartial description of checking a book back in for validation (it's taken from Section 2.2.7 of the volunteer manual).

"Much of the information on the form will already have been filled in by the submitter. The validator's job is to verify that the information on the form matches that found in the book itself and to enter any optional information which the submitter neglected to enter. For a detailed discussion of what should be put in each field, see the section titled "Guidelines for Filling Out The Submission and Validation Forms."

The first four fields on the form for accepting a book are "Title", "Author(s)", "Copyright Holder", and "Copyright Date". For each of these items, verify that the information entered by the submitter matches the information contained in the book."

I hope this helps,

Jake

Jake Brownell

Bookshare.org Intern