[bksvol-discuss] Suggestion for getting your book validated more quickly

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:03:13 -0600

I've only been validating for about four weeks now, but I do have a suggestion for those who are submitting their books for validation.

Take the time to spell the book title and the author's name correctly when you submit the book.

I'm finding that when I look through the list for books that are ready to validate, I avoid the ones with mis-spelled words and the words run together in the titles or in the author's name. I'm doing this because it gives me the perception that if a person submitting the book didn't even take the time to put in this information correctly, I might see the same inside the book - that I can't trust how much time they spent on making sure the book was scanned well.

Now, I am not saying at all that it's really the case that such a book is poorly scanned. What I am saying is that it gives the perception that the book might be poorly scanned, so I'm unlikely to download the book to even find out.

So - for what it's worth - just a suggestion.

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx