[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sugesstions on what to do--MS word problem

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 20:31:02 -0800

Netta,

There is nothing that you might have added that is incompatible with an rtf file that needs to be saved, so you can safely "save anyway" or whatever the exact words in the dialog are. If you can find a checkbox in the dialog that says something like "do not repeat this message" you should check that.

You would think that if there is something incompatible with rtf in the file, then saving as rtf should delete whatever that change was. It has been my experience that this is rarely the case. Once Word has flagged something as incompatible, Word will pop up this dialog every time you try to save the file unless you mark that checkbox for it to stop nagging.

And, no, I have not found a way to get Word to indicate just what the problem that it is complaining about is.

Misha

On 12/4/2012 6:30 PM, Dornetta wrote:
Blank
Hey guys;
I am proofing a book in MS Word 2007, I also sometimes proof on my other lap top using MS Word 2010. When I attempt to save my changes I keep getting a message that says that saving the document in a earlier format will not allow for "some changes" save in a later format... (the words in the quotes are about what it says). Has anyone encountered this problem? Can anyone tell me what to do? I saved the document in RTF, which is what I proof in. Also I can't see the list of changes it is speaking of.
Thanks,
Netta