[bksvol-discuss] Re: Success, I think, was Re: Re: A Problem With Converting to RTF

  • From: "Robert Peters" <rpet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:12:15 -0500

May I make a suggestion?  if you shrink the type size to 8 point, it has been
my experience that the excess pages go away.
                        RKP

Attention:  The information contained in this message and/or attachments is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or nonpublic material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

>>> "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx> 6/28/2009 8:16 PM >>>
Hi Roger,

    I downloaded your book for proofreading. Your book has a definite
problem.  I don't know what caused it, but Both Word and Kurzweil show the
book as having 419 pages.  Page numbers indicate that there are only
supposed to be 311, or some number thereabouts pages.

    I know this is not terribly devoted of me, but I do not have the
patience to fix this book up the way it is.  It would not be a difficult
task.  It would just be a matter of merging pages, a very simple task in
Kurzweil, especially since it would just mean merging pages without page
numbers at the top with the previous page. It is great that you were so
devoted about page numbering so accurately. .  I just have a lot of other
projects on my plate and would take a long time to finish this.

    The book looks, really, really interesting.  If I made time to just
read, I'd definitely read this one!

    As to how your book got more page breaks than it should have, I have no
idea.

    I'm going to release your book for someone with more patience and who
could work on the book more quickly than I will to work on.  It really looks
like not a huge deal, I'm just swamped with about a bazillion other deals
right now.

    I just wanted you to know what is up with your book.  And to say that
the solution for a proofreader using Kurzweil, the problem of extraneous and
magically inserted page breaks is really not hard to fix.

    So, please, someone, have more of a heart than I am (about which I feel
pretty bad) and help Roger out.  I think the book will be a really good
read!

Mayrie

  _____