[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitting a book that is already in the collection and has received an excellent rating - is it worth it to submit my changes?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 20:44:01 -0800

Hi Jess!

        Sometimes a rescan is preferable.  My rule of thumb is this: "If I'd
rather read a copy better scanned than the original, then I'll submit my
rescan."  The issues that you mention may indeed help people out.  I, for
one, would totally appreciate having a copy of a book with page numbers
placed properly, rather than one with them interspersed between words in a
line of text.  If I really enjoyed or cared about the book, this alone would
be a reason to rescan and resubmit a book.  Basically, if you think your
scan is cleaner, probably someone else will appreciate it.  But it's your
call.  Better is better, in my opinion.

        I made the comment to Julia that I did, because I'm very familiar
with the original submitters scans and find them near perfect.  If Julia
were to  look at the books in the collection and find the copies lacking in
some way, and I were her, I'd submit my copy if I thought it had fewer
problems than the original submission.

        Hope I've clarified my thinking.  I wasn't trying to tell Julia that
there was anything wrong with her work.  I was just saying that the work of
the original submitter is generally very very good and might not need to be
replaced, thus requiring Julia to go to a lot less work.

        Sorry for the long ramble in pursuit of clarification.

Mayrie