[bksvol-discuss] Submitted bso Great Excavations Tales of Early Southwestern Archaeology 1888-1939

  • From: "cheryl fogle" <cfogle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:16:21 -0700

All,

I just submitted a bso copy of Great Excavations: Tales of Southwestern
Archaeology 1888-1939 by Melinda Elliot.  The book is for the general reader
and written similar to articles in National Geographic.  There are a lot of
details about excavations of famous archaeological sites like Cliff Pallace
at Mesa Verde and Pueblo Boniyto at Chaco Canyon, and less famous sites like
the destroyed mission church at Awotovi, Hopi Reservation. I've been to most
of the locations and her descriptions are accurate. I read through and
corrected scanning errors. The page headers are stripped. This is an easy
validation.

Happy reading.

Cheryl