[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted a book

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 01:19:15 -0400

Mayrie, you did the right thing by leaving the publisher's mistakes in the text. We're just supposed to fix scanning errors and let the publisher deal with his or her own grammar issues. (smile) Your headings are usually pretty uniform, so they'll be easy to cope with. It's nice if they're dealt with when a person submits, but most of the books I've seen haven't had attention paid to the headers at all. Focus on feeling better soon and taking it easy till you do. (smile)

Monica Willyard

On Tuesday 10/3/2006 09:52 PM, you wrote:

I have just submitted the third book in the Jo Beth Sidden series involving the bloodhound trainer, "A Brace of Bloodhounds," By Virginia Lanier. All copyright info is present and legible, all pages present, spell check done, and junk characters gone. I read this one too, so I think I caught everything wrong. I did, however, leave some errors that the publisher did not catch. Wrong tenses for words, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure how true to the text we need to be, so, I left these. These are "can't put it down," books. I hope someone enjoys.

Okay, I just realized another oops. I did not remove headers. I'm not on the ball today. I think that spraining both ankles in the last five days must have had some effect on my brain too. Should I resubmit this book after removing headers? I really am sorry. I can't stand carelessness in myself.

Peace,

Mayrie