[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted Zathura Chris Van Allsburg Hold For Jamie Yates

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:59:50 -0400

Congratulations Chela, and thank you for helping to make the Bookshare collection grow.

Getting good scans and then preparing them for submission is usually a bigger job than new volunteers expect. With headers to delete, chapter headings to protect, scannos to weed out and that form to fill in when you submit, submissions are significant accomplishments. It's cool that you stuck with it.

Most of us on this list continue to scan and validate because we enjoy it, so we don't mind the time it takes. You'll see when your book is finally approved and you get that letter of confirmation from Bookshare, that you'll feel great and part of something important.

Jamie is a great partner for your first book. She's a stellar submittor and validator and she communicates her suggestions so clearly. I have a folder where I store Bookshare tips and many of them came from her.

I hope you're already thinking about the book you want to scan next.

Always with love,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>