[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted: Venus in Copper

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:36:43 -0400

I know exactly where you're coming from here, and I feel your pain. The temptation to fix typos in the original text can be very hard to resist. And these publishers have people who are paid to proofread the books they publish.

It may just be that I'm getting older, but it seems to me that newer books have more misprints than older books do. The pressure to get books out as cheaply as possible may be taking a toll on text quality.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>