[bksvol-discuss] Submitted: Vaclav Havel, Disturbing the Peace

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 18:49:20 -0800

In memory of the recent death of Vaclav Havel, I have submitted, "Disturbing the Peace" which as the synopsis says is:

A book length interview with Vaclav Havel giving an intimate history of Czechoslovakia under communism; a meditation on the social and political role of art, and a triumphant statement of the values underlying all the recent revolutions in Central and Eastern Europe.

The conversation in this book ends in 1988 just before the Velvet Revolution. In fact, part of the translators introduction describes the interviewer's wild last few days trying to get in the final edits as Havel became more and more involved in the astonishing events of 1989. If you want to find out what happened after the Velvet Revolution, read "To the Castle and Back" which is already on bookshare.

Mike Sestak
(just couldn't use the Russian nickname on this message, my Czech relatives would be appalled)