[bksvol-discuss] Submitted "The Ghost and the Dead Deb"

  • From: "Natasha Baebler" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 09:35:59 -0500

I just submitted "The Ghost and the Dead Deb" Haunted Bookshop #2 by Alice
Kimberly. I read it through, rank spelled it, stripped headers, protected
chapter titles, etc. Should be a clean validation.

"He is hard boiled in the tradition of

Philip Marlowe, and she is a genteel Miss

Marple; yet the two opposites make an

explosive combination."

Don't haunt the customers...

This was the only rule bookshop owner and widow Penelope Thornton-McClure had
given herresident ghost, hard-boiled PI Jack Shepard. But when the hot young
author Angel Stark arrives at the store to promote her latest, a true crime
novel,

Jack can hardly contain himself. After all, this is his specialty!

Angel's book is an unsolved mystery about a debutante found strangled to death.
And it's filled with juicy details that point a finger at a number of people in
the deb's high society circle. But when the author -winds up dead too-in
precisely the same way-Pen is fast on the case.. .which means Jack is too.
After all, a ghost detective never rests

in peace.

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

"I want to be successful like everyone does, but through my idea of success. I
don't just mean that I will make a lot of money and be known for what I do, but
that I make a difference in someone's life."
-- Megan Piontek 1985-2008
{{Miss you forever}}