[bksvol-discuss] Submitted Rebirth of the Goddess

  • From: "Natasha Baebler" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:27:12 -0500

I just submitted Rebirth of the Goddess by Carol P. Christ for validation.

kind of spirituality, a "thealogy" that regards and worships the divine as
female. In her new book, leading religion scholar Carol Christ provides a
comprehensive guide to understanding what has now become the Goddess
spirituality movement.

A uniquely original voice in religious studies, Christ brings together her
personal experience and her academic expertise to explain the principles,
practices, and beliefs that have shaped feminist spirituality. Drawing from the
fields of history, art, literature, and philosophy, among others, Christ
demonstrates the revolutionary effects of worshiping the Goddess: opening
ourselves to this new form of divinity can bring us to challenge our most basic
assumptions, from how we think about history to how we see ourselves in
relation to nature and each other. Elegantly written and ambitious in scope,
The Rebirth of the Goddess proves both an engaging historical essay and a
testament to the possibilities for change and self-fulfillment.

Carol Christ's long-awaited book will be welcomed by those already immersed in
the women's spirituality movement as well as those simply curious about it.

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

"I want to be successful like everyone does, but through my idea of success. I
don't just mean that I will make a lot of money and be known for what I do, but
that I make a difference in someone's life."
-- Megan Piontek 1985-2008
{{Miss you forever}}