[bksvol-discuss] Submitted: Perry Mason

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:17:12 -0500

Hi all,
    I've just submitted The Case of the One-Eyed Witness by Erle Stanley
Gardner for someone's validating pleasure. I've only read a handful of Perry
Mason books, but I thought this one was pretty good. The synopsis follows:

Jake

Perry Mason is dining peacefully at the Golden Goose cafe when he receives a
mysterious phone call. The frantic woman on the other end of the line is
desperate to retain Mason's services, but suddenly vanishes during their
cryptic phone conversation.

The only clues: a newspaper clipping about a blackmail case, and the
combination to a safe scrawled on a scrap of paper. The case: a tangled web
indeed, strung between an eccentric widower with something to hide, a sexy
cigarette girl with plenty to cry about, a real-estate broker with his own home
on the selling block, a wife, a lover, and too many loose ends. The common
denominator: murder, of course...

THE PERRY MASON NOVELS

Criminal lawyer and all-time #1 mystery author Erle Stanley Gardner wrote close
to 150 novels that have sold 300 million copies worldwide. Today, the great
Gardner tradition continues with many of his classics back in print, as well as
brand-new additions to the ever-popular series starring the incomparable Perry
Mason.