[bksvol-discuss] Submitted "My Friend Annie"

  • From: "Ilene Sirocca" <ilenesia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:14:28 -0400

Hi, Everybody,

I'm glad to say I've just submitted "My Friend Annie" by Jane Duncan. Here's the blurb:

Pretty Annie Black was Jean's idea of an ideal child: why couldn't awkward young Janet be like her? Which all went to show the gulf of misunderstanding which yawned so ominously between Janet and Jean, once housekeeper to Janet's father and later, alas, her stepmother. Childhood with Jean, and her malevolent presence in the background of Janet's later life form the main theme of the fourth of Jane Duncan's novels about her Friends. To go from highland Reachfar to lowland Cairnton was almost like entering a foreign land for Janet. Many unhappy years were lightened only by holidays at Reachfar, when the commonsense and humour of Tom and George and the true values of the whole family there helped her to rise above the alien atmosphere of Cairnton. Among the quite incomprehensible inhabitants of her new hometown was Annie. Janet was still at school when she realised what pretty Annie's profession was, and their paths were afterwards to cross in various parts of the world on some significant occasions.

There's lots of dialect but I think I got it right. i had to change the SBN to an ISBN by adding the beginning zero and it worked fine.

This is a delightful book and I hope whoever proofreads it will enjoy it.

Regards,

Ilene