[bksvol-discuss] Submitted "Dying in Style"

  • From: "Natasha Baebler" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:26:29 -0600

Hello Booksharians,
I have just submitted "Dying in Style" by Elaine Viets. It's the first in a
series about a mystery shopper in St. Louis. I've read it word for word
correcting, protecting etc. as I went. So it should be a very easy validate.
Here's the back cover info:
Women would kill for Josie Marcus's job as mystery

shopper, which takes her in and out of boutiques,

 supermarkets, even fast-food joints to report on quality

and service. But it's hard work. Besides being a

single mom to a nine-year-old, Josie is the undercover

 shopping police, protecting unsuspecting consumers

everywhere. And she never falsifies her reports, even

if it's a matter of life, death, or a red-tag sale....

Ah, the Danessa Celedine handbag. To have one is to invite envy and flaunt
wealth, with each bag costing upward of five thousand dollars. When a large
company considers paying millions for use of the Danessa name, Josie's hired to
inspect the designer's stores anonymously. And each boutique is worse than the
one before. Her less than stellar report provokes threats of a lawsuit...until
Danessa is strangled with one of her own thousand-dollar snakeskin belts. Josie
better bag the killer before she winds up in an ugly jailhouse outfit
herself....

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough
people to make it worthwhile."
~Herm Albright,, writer
----