[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitted

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:16:14 -0500

Be very careful with K1000.  It's developing a n-dash problem, especially with
correction of end-of-line hyphens turned on.  I've found several problems with
my current book.  In one instance, I corrected two words which should have had
dashes and didn't.  When I used Rank Spelling initially, they came up before
the fix.  After the fix, I used the ctrl-K function.  It found both words and
when I told it to ignore them, it removed my dashes.  Also with ctrl-K, the
word wellknown (sic) showed up in my document.  The dictionary didn't find this
word.  It didn't show up in rank spelling either.  After I added the dash, it
did show as spelled correctly when looked up.  Ctrl-K did, once again, remove
the dash when I used it.
I don't know if this is new to v.10 or I just never discovered it before, since
I'm used to do everything by hand.
Try to speed things up.  Find something new to deal with.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.