[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submission/nonfiction

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 11:49:33 -0500

Perhaps, except that it seems a bit long and I am still working on a Malcolm X book that I got halfway through and had to start over from scratch. If it is still on the checkout list when I finish that I might take a look at it.

Roger Loran Bailey

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, & the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International:
 http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
From: Deborah Murray <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Submission/nonfiction
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 6:54 PM
Hi all,

I've just submitted for proofing "The Zinn Reader: Writings
on Disobedience
and Democracy" by Howard Zinn.

It's been read through with pre-submission work done.
Headers stripped;
chapter titles and page numbers present, protected and
formatted. Lots of
proper names, some jargon and deliberate misspellings.
746 pages.

Synopsis:
While many Americans are familiar with historian Howard
Zinn, particularly
those on the political left, most have limited themselves
to reading his
most famous work A People's History of the United States
and perhaps a
recent article or two. This volume collects a range of his
other
materials--essays, articles, pamphlets, reviews, book
excerpts, book
introductions, and the like--written over the past 35
years. Zinn himself
modestly wonders if the collection is "an opportunity, or a
punishment," but
fans of A People's History will likely view it as an
opportunity to revisit
Zinn's characteristic themes in new settings. These
themes--race, class,
war, law, history, and the issue of means versus ends--also
serve as the
organizing principle of the book.

Deborah