[bksvol-discuss] Submission (nonfiction)

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:35:03 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted for proofing "How Shall I Live My Life?: On Liberating
the Earth From Civilization" by Derrick Jensen.

It's been read through w/errors corrected; chapter titles and page numbers
present/protected; text formatted.
304 pages.

In this collection of interviews, Derrick Jensen discusses the destructive
dominant culture with ten people who have devoted their lives to undermining
it.   Whether it is Carolyn Raffensperger and her radical approach to public
health, or Thomas Berry on perceiving the sacred; be it Kathleen Dean Moore
reminding us that our bodies are made of mountains, rivers, and sunlight; or
Vine Deloria asserting that our dreams tell us more about the world than
science ever can, the activists and philosophers interviewed in How Shall I
Live My Life? each bravely present a few of the endless forms that
resistance can and must take.   Hailed as the philosopher poet of the
ecological movement, Derrick Jensen is the widely acclaimed author of
Endgame, A Language Older Than Words, The Culture of Make Believe (a
finalist for the 2003 J.  Anthony Lukas Book Prize), and Walking on Water,
among many others.

Deborah