[bksvol-discuss] Submission: Mother Teresa: HER ESSENTIAL WISDOM

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:00:45 -0500

Hi everyone!

I just submitted "Mother Teresa: HER ESSENTIAL WISDOM" a few minutes ago for whoever would like to proofread it.

Book Information
ISBN:
978-0-7607-8020-6
Title:
Mother Teresa: HER ESSENTIAL WISDOM
Author(s):
CAROL KELLY-GANGI
Publisher:
FALL RIVER PRESS
Copyright Date:
2006
Copyrighted By:
Fall River Press
Brief Synopsis:
Her Essential Wisdom is a collection of hundreds of inspiring quotations from Mother Teresa. Here, too, is a selection of quotations from world leaders, dignitaries, and religious figures describing Mother Teresa?s powerful legacy of faith, compassion,
and hope for all humanity.
Long Synopsis:
I see God in every human being. When I wash the Leper?s woundd, I feel I am nursing
the Lord himself. Is it not a beautiful experience!
? Mother Teresa
***
Mother Teresa was beloved the world over for her tireless efforts and service to millions ol the poor, the outcast, the ill, and the dying. On the path to sainthood, she was beatified by the Catholic Church in 2003, just six years after her death. Her Essential Wisdom is a collection of hundreds of inspiring quotations from Mother Teresa. In the half-century of her public life, she visited and spoke in more than one hundred countries about the subjects closest to her heart. The selections gathered here, drawn largely from her spoken words, are both simple and profound in their wisdom and truth. In these excerpts, Mother Teresa reflects upon the meaning of love, the importance of charity and service to the poor, the need for prayer, the value of family, the role of suffering, and the absolute dignity of every human being. There are also quotations in which Mother Teresa recollects her own calling to the religious life, and later, her calling to devote her life to living among and serving the poorest of the poor. Here, too, is a selection of quotations from world leaders, dignitaries, and religious figures describing Mother Teresa?s powerful legacy of
faith, compassion, and hope for all humanity.
***
"We should ask ourselves, ?Have I really experienced the joy of loving?? True love is love that causes us pain, that hurts, and yet brings us joy. That is why we must
pray and ask for the courage to love."
***
"The poor give us much more than we give them. They?re such strong people, living day to day with no food. And they never curse, never complain. We don?t have to give
them pity or sympathy. We have so much to learn from them."
***
"I do not think I have any special qualities. I don?t claim anything for the work. It is His work. I am like a little pencil in His hand, that is all. He does the thinking. He does the writing. The pencil has nothing to do with it. The pencil has only to
be allowed to be used."
***
"I always repeat that we Missionaries of Charity are not social workers. We may be doing social work, but we are really contemplatives right at the heart of the world. We are with Jesus twenty-four hours a day. We do everything for Jesus. We do it to
Jesus."
MOTHER TERESA
Comments:
The book has been read through and all page numbers and page breaks are present.
The text needs sizing and bolding.
Adult content:
No
Language:
English US
Book Quality:
EXCELLENT
Categories:
Religion and Spirituality,
Nonfiction

Debby

                                --
                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

?Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.