[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submission Formats, (was Re: Need INfo about .ARK Files)

  • From: "Max G. Swanson" <mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:28:31 -0500 (CDT)

First of all, thanks to everyone on here for not flaming me, as I wander
into this discussion.  Frankly, such open acceptance is what I've grown to
expect during my brief time on this list.

It may also be relevant that Bookshare might not be around were it not for
Arkenstone.

I'djust like to see a really strong push toward eliminating these
proprietary formats as coin of the realm; since fewer validators mean
fewer final approvals.

Might there be a process whereby those with Open Book could be enlisted to
do conversions to .RtF automatically,  then put them up for validation
again?

That's all I can say; and yes, I did remember to release the .ARK book.
and then put
--
"True Terror is waking up and finding your old high school class is
running the country."--Kurt Vonegut.   Pax, Max.  <Mail to: