[bksvol-discuss] Re: Stripper,

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 08:32:07 -0600

Yes, I might have been a little hard on the stripper last night. No
question if they're going to have one, we need a new and improved
model, but as you pointed out there could be other issues in the
conversion process causing the problem. Interesting that you felt the
problem with your books was due to the daisy conversion. With mine,
the opposite was the case. The Daisy books were pretty much intact,
whereas the braille books were significantly altered.

If page numbers are at the bottom, it would take a lot of work to
bring them to the top. Would another solution be to leave a blank line
or two at the top of pages with chapter headings? Then put chapter on
one line, and the number on the next? At least then if the words
chapter are stripped, you still have the numbers of the chapters. I
should mention though that this wouldn't be the case with the braille
books necessarily. I've found that the only way to be sure that the
braille chapter numbers are left alone is to spell the Chapter numbers
out.

Pam