[bksvol-discuss] Re: Strange scanning problem

  • From: "Jenny Wood" <mellow.yellow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:03:42 -0600

Hi Gary,

Actually, this thought had occurred to me.  Unfortunately, it appeared to make
no difference.

However, after obsessing over this problem for the past few days, yesterday
being the worst, I believe we finally have it licked.  Before I was about to
try simply re-installing the Kurzweil software fresh, my husband and I decided
to try one more simple thing.  We changed the setting for the threshhold from
static to dynamic inside of Kurzweil.  Well, wouldn't you know it, that seems
to have solved the problem.  Pages are scanning in beautifully again.  I have
absolutely no idea why it would make such a difference now after all this time,
or if perhaps it used to be set to dynamic previously and was somehow
changed...who knows.  In any case, the problem appears to be resolved for now,
and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this does the trick.  Thanks again to
everyone who responded.  I appreciate all of the suggestions and advice.

Jenny