[bksvol-discuss] Re: Step 2 page?

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:22:19 -0600

You can do more than upload on the upload page. You can also release and
renew.  You can also find the words upload and downloaded in more places
than the step 1 and step 2 phrases.  I use all the terms, but I too search
for links and words on pages with my screen reader, so I tend to use the
most distinctive phrase possible to refer to pages and links on websites I
am very familiar with.  It avoids both confusion and repeat searching.  My
screen reader also allows the creation of bookmarks on pages, so you can
just jump to those spots.  The problem is that it also tends to lose them.
I really wish I knew why, especially when the page is not a dynamic one, and
therefore should not allow the screen reader to become confused.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/