[bksvol-discuss] Re: Starting to Scan

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 18:47:17 -0500

Hey Debby,
I would be interested in proofing the second book you mention, if you do not already have a proofer.

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Debby Franson
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:24 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Starting to Scan

Hi everyone!

I have already informed the being scanned list.

I am starting to scan the following two books:

"Little Black Girl Lost 3" by Keith Lee Johnson

"Through My Eyes: The Story of a Surgeon Who Dared to Take on The Medical
World" by Charles D. Kelman M.D.

The second book in my list here is special to Bruce (my husband) and me,
because the author was our doctor.  When Bruce went for cataract surgery in
1976, Dr. Kelman was the first ophthalmologist who would even consider
performing surgery like this on someone with ROP; the family had sought
several opinions.

When Bruce developed a cataract in his other eye in 1989, he suggested I go
with him to have a thorough eye exam, since I had been told I had cataracts
in the late '70's.  I also have ROP.

After our exams, the schedule for surgery was set up for both of us.  Since
Dr. Kelman couldn't see behind my cataracts, since they had been developing
for years, he left it entirely up to me as to whether I wanted to go
through with the surgery.  I decided to, and am glad I did, because I got
back the best I ever hadd: light, shadow and bright color
perception.  Bruce's surgery was successful both times, although, without
lens implants glasses are even more important to see as clearly as he used to.

This doctor was the best, because he was the one who invented the modern
technique for cataract removal called phacoemulsification.

Now that I'm made this post into a "book", (smile), due to it's length, I'm
finally done.

Debby

--
                                                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming
about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the

-----
No virus found in this message.