[bksvol-discuss] Re: Staff clarification needed: Using Synopses from Amazon

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 18:09:05 -0700

I agree, Judy. I didn't think we could use them because I thought they
were copyrighted as much  or more than what individuals posted on
Amazon. That's why in the past, when I did the list Jim so kindly took
over for me I spent so much time re-doing people's synopses. We can
use material from book jackets and fronts and backs of the books. When
I proof, if there's nothing in the print book I see that I can use I
think as I'm reading  what the book is about and write a short
paragraph or two and short and long syopses and save them on a
separate word file until I'm ready to check in the book