[bksvol-discuss] Staff Change at Bookshare

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:24:12 -0700

Volunteers,

While I was away at NfB I received the following note about Lara Long's plans.
Over the years many of you have come to know and appreciate her tireless work
for Bookshare. We send her off with a big "Thank you!"

Scott Rains

"Lara Long has decided to pursue a new opportunity outside Benetech to
influence the technology field for good.  We are grateful for the many
contributions she’s made in her two years at Benetech, and I know she is sad to
leave what she describes as, “an amazing team.”   In order to effect the best
transition possible, she has agreed to remain until August 10th, allowing a
transition of knowledge, plans and general assistance that may be required to
make this as smooth and successful a hand off as possible. "