[bksvol-discuss] Re: Spooky Pac Mate

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 00:09:20 -0400

From personal experience, this sounds as if it is Kurzweil 1000's
notification that a mobile device has been connected; the fact is relevant
to K1000, as it has a Send to Device feature which allows one to transfer
files directly to portable devices, such as the PACMate. From Page 280 of
the K1000 manual (although it's discussing the BrailleNote):

"It communicates with your computer via Microsoft's ActiveSync which is
included on a CD-ROM with your BrailleNote. In order to download from
Kurzweil 1000 you must initiate a connection between your computer and the
BrailleNote. This should work as you've come to expect, but with an
addition. Normally, when initiating this connection you hear the BrailleNote
indicate that the connection has been established via an audible tone. Next
you hear Windows indicate that the connection has been established via an
audible signal. Now that Kurzweil 1000 is set up to communicate with
BrailleNote, you should hear a third audible signal. Note that you'll hear
Kurzweil 1000's notification whether or not you are running Kurzweil 1000."

HTH,
Maria
Skype: MariaKristic
AIM: MCKristic