[bksvol-discuss] Spooky Pac Mate

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:49:46 -0700

Anyone with a Pac Mate notice a change lately when you connect it to a PC?  In
the last couple of days, when I connect the Pac Mate to my PC, in addition to
the usual series of tones, it now says 'mobile device connected'.  It sounds
like a recording of a human voice.  The spooky part is that both the Pac Mate
and my PC say it, but the Pac Mate just slightly behind the PC, so you get this
spooky echo effect.  When I pull the USB cable out, it says 'mobile device
disconnected', with the same delay.  It does sound a little spooky.  This just
started in the last couple days.  It must have been in the last batch of
Microsoft updates I downloaded.

Not a complaint, just an observation.