[bksvol-discuss] Spelling Errors?

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:08:59 -0700

I'm working on a book which has the words, "travellers" and "travelling" spelled as I showed them here but Open Office Writer points them out as being miss-spelled and indicates the correct spelling is with a single 'l' in both cases. I'm rather a poor speller at times so am a bit unsure here. I'm assuming the spell check in OOo Writer is correct but if these words are consistently miss-spelled throughout the book, Should I fix them or should I leave them as being intended by the author? I would normally not change intentional bad grammar if that was the author's intent but what about words like these? I would tend towards correcting these in this case.

What say you?