[bksvol-discuss] Re: Spellcheck problem with word:

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 17:57:11 -0500

Hi Sister Dolores,

Sometimes Word decides that a book that's perfectly fine has too many spelling errors. It's usually due to having either many foreign words, or lots of made-up words.

You can often clear the warning message by saving the file, closing it, then closing Word, then starting Word again and continuing up where you left off.

There is also a way to clear the option that Word sets when it does that as well, but it's trickier. I'm using Word 2010 and here's how to do it in that version of Word:
1. Open the file you want to edit.
2. Select "file" from the top toolbar
3. Select "options" from the menu that now appears.
4. Select "proofing" from the new menu that now appears.
5. You will now have a ton of options to tab through. Find and uncheck the box that says "Hide spelling errors in this document only"
6. Select "ok"
7. You should now be back in your document, and the spelling check should be working again for the document.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 7/6/2017 3:36 PM, Dolores Dean wrote:

I wonder if anyone casn help with this. I am proofreading a book and the computer is telling me that there are too many errors to spellcheck. But this is really not the case. The scanner did good work. As I am almost finished working on this, I hesitate to try sending it uup. Any help would be appreciated.

Sister Dolores
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to