[bksvol-discuss] Re: Special Collection Volunteer Opportunity

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:05:19 -0500

Ah, thanks for the message, Melissa.
Christina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Melissa Smith" <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:33 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Special Collection Volunteer Opportunity

Here is Scott's original message on this subject. It should be noted
that through later discussion, the spreadsheet is a google docs
document, which isn't accessible to most screen readers. I'm not sure if
an Excel spreadsheet could be sent or not.
Bookshare has a list of 600 books from a personal collection that have
been  made
available for possible scanning. First we need to see which of them we
already have
in the collection in Excellent or PQ quality. Most on the list are
children's, tween,
and young adult books.  With half a dozen volunteers each looking up 100
books we
can zip through the list in no time. Interested in this first step?
Scott Rains

Melissa Smith