[bksvol-discuss] Re: Speaking of the Braillenote

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:21:01 -0600

Robert,

BookShare books should be marked up by paragraphs as evident by the DAISY and
HTML copies rendering paragraphs correctly in other applications.

BookShare most certainly does produce DAISY books, even if they only have some
content marked up. I do not have to use every single HTML tag in an HTML page
for the page to in fact be an valid HTML page. Similarly just because Microsoft
Word's doc format supports making text bold does not mean I need to have bold
text in every document for it to be a valid Word file.

Keep in mind that BookShare's DAISY and BRF content is generated from, usually
RTF files. This automatic generation at this time is only as good as the
programmed tools. The quantity of books produced could not be what it is if
each and every DAISY book was produced by hand.

Jake