[bksvol-discuss] Re: Speaking of the Braillenote

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 19:04:14 -0500

Hello all,
 There are several issues here.

As Jake points out, Just because all possible tags aren't applied to a
particular book, doesn't make it an invalid DAISY file.  Having looked at
the actual DAISY/XML content that Bookshare's tools generate, I can verify
that, if such things as paragraphs exist in the original file--which is RTF,
the Bookshare tools correctly interpret them and do apply proper formatting
to these elements.  Humanware does  claim to support Bookshare DAISY  files
on their Braille Note group of products.  Not having used one, I can neither
confirm nor deny that assertion.

Robert, I would highly encourage you to speak with Humanware tech support to
notify them of the problems you are facing.  This will let them know about
the types of problems people are having with Bookshare (or other) DAISY
books.  Encourage them to fix it.  many times, companies such as Humanware
prioritize their upgrades and fixes based on feedback they receive.  If they
don't hear from you, they'll assume it's working.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have specific questions.

Pratik

  _____