[bksvol-discuss] Re: Speaking of the Braillenote

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:30:51 -0500

Robert, first nobody on this list is going to be answer you as well as staff at bookshare can as we are volunteers and do not produce the daisy books. Second, though I know you are upset, the volunteers on this list did not cause it, are not lying to you and ask youto remember that talking to John Glass or possible Jennifer whose field is Daisy may get you specific daisy info.

E.

At 03:09 PM 1/9/2007, you wrote:
OK, so I called tech support for the Braillenote. They told me that the Bookshare books don't have the proper indexing for books to navigate all those different ways. Excuse me, how can they say they have Daisy books when the books don't operate properly in a Daisy reader? Isn't that like the car salesman saying you can have any color as long as it is black? The way I understand Daisy, skipping around and notetaking and stuff like that are all the things it takes to be Daisy. So, are they the car salesman who knows he's lying or are they the computer salesman that doesn't know he's lying?