[bksvol-discuss] Re: Speaking of synopses..?

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 05:42:46 -0500

My personally discussing it with you is not as necessary as it is to have the material on the site somewhere where folks can download it and distribute it to libraries, schools, colleges, senior centers, and so forth. How bookshare has managed with so little literature for over seven years has always been a mystery to me. But then I did marketing for thirty years and am continually surprised at the lack of good marketing and outreach in much of the disabled community and its supporters.

Elizabeth

At 11:45 PM 11/6/2008, you wrote:

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for writing. I do keep an eye on the lists and enjoy being privy to the myriad interactions in the community, but that said I do not read every single post in every single thread. Emailing me directly or if you do prefer writing to the list, an indication in the subject line of your post that you would like a response from staff would help greatly.

In terms of Bookshare material I would be happy to talk to our marketing team about any fliers or pamphlets they would be able to make available for our volunteers interested in distributing them. Awhile ago, based on something that came in through the lists I put in a request with the engineering team that some basic Bookshare materials be made available for download and printing by volunteers on the site. We can discuss this further tomorrow or next week when you confirm a time for our call.

All good things,

Pavi Mehta

Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare.org

Elizabeth