[bksvol-discuss] Re: Speaking of downloads

  • From: "Gisela Vazquez" <gvazquez76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:21:22 -0400

How should one keep track?

sounds confusing
gisela

Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. - Immanuel Kant
----- Original Message ----- From: "Julie & Miss Mercy" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: small book crisis, need advice
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 5:24 PM
Hi, Jamie. Your download count for books will start over at
0 on
Monday, September 1st. As for a download histry, Bookshare
doesn't
have a section for that. If you use Firefox as your
browser, it keeps
a history of downloaded files, and you can right click them
and
download them again. I don't know if Internet Explorer
has such a
function.

This won't help you right now. It might in the future
though, so I
thought I'd share what I do. I download and unpack my
books into a
folder on my hard drive. Then I copy books I want to read
from that
folder onto my flash card, thumb drive, or my Book Port. It
leaves the
books intact on my hard drive so I can get them again if
something
weird happens to the copies on my flash drives. It also
helps me keep
track of everything I've downloaded in one place, even
if I have books
scattered on several different devices. Maybe this could
help you too.

I'm sorry to hear about your BrailleNote issue. I
don't have any
Braille devices, so I don't have anything helpful to
share on that
score.

--
Monica Willyard
line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word