[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sorry, page break in jaws revisited

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 10:53:41 -0700

Hi Regina,

Here are Larry's instructions for how to make Jaws announce page breaks.

To Make JAWS say "Page Break" in Word, you need to add the entry "page
break" to your dictionary  If you use word, do the following
1.  open your document in word (any document will do for this).
2.  do insert-d to open the dictionary manager.

3.  There should already be a jaws word dictionary but jaws will ask to
create the file if not.
4.  space on the "add" button.
5.  in the "actual word" field,type the backslash symbol and then 012
unspaced from each other.
6.  in the "what you want jaws to say" field, type "page break"
7.  save with control-s and check in your document to see if page breaks are
announced now.

I hope this is what you needed.

Mayrie

  _____