[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sorrowful tidings of Mayrie ReNae

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 10:32:35 -0500

Hi all,

Well, I'm so sorry to hear this. I didn't know her well, but knew that she was a great force for good at Bookshare.

My immediate gut reaction is that we should start a memorial fund to be used either to help deserving folks to join Bookshare, or to fund the purchase of books which can be scanned for the collection. I don't know how something like that might be set up, but I'm sure Bookshare staff can help us do this.

Mayrie was such a strong force for Bookshare, her legacy should continue in a meaningful way. Those are my gut fiilings as of right now. wishing her family and friends peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Lissi, if you know where I could send condolences, I'd like to do that. You can write me privately if you like. Blessings to all.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring