[bksvol-discuss] Re: : Sorrowful Tidings of Mayrie Renae

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 23:58:12 -0600

Dear Lissi,

Thank you for your beautiful post. I am sitting here with tears rolling down my
cheeks after reading the lyrics to the song Mayrie left us. How like her to
knoow we would grieve and to leave something to help us cope!

Mayrie told me of her illness during the summer, as we were working on
finishing the Freshman Dorms series together. She told me so that, if I didn’t
hear from her for awhile, I would know she wasn’t well. She hoped to finish the
series, but was unable to. We added 4 of them to the collection. She had
scanning down to an art, and here is a tip she left that might help someone.
She said she did her best scans at night, because there was no light getting to
her scanner.

I have had her on my mind since she retired, and have had her in my thoughts
and prayers. What a privilege to have known her! She helped me with so many
proofing problems!

Thank you, Lissi, for letting us know that she is no longer in pain. I will
never forget Mayrie Renae!

Sue S.