[bksvol-discuss] Re: Song of redemption

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:16:59 -0800 (PST)

That's because the book is within the system but at
another branch. Fortunately, I have access to 3
different library systems. In all cases, if I request
a book that my branch doesn't have, the branch that
has it sends it first to the main library downtown. It
then sorts the books and sends them to the requesting
branch. So it can take several days. It would be nice
if it came directly from branch to branch but I guess
that isn't practical.

But we can't request books from other library systems,
even, in the case of City Public Library system to the
County system without paying a fee. How long it would
take to get the books I don't know.

In San Diego, both city and county systems have a deal
with the universities and colleges in the area, of
which there are quite a few, and we can get books from
them fairly quickly, too, at no charge.

Cindy