[bksvol-discuss] Some books

  • From: "Aqil Sajjad" <aqilsajjad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteer List" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 20:06:26 -0400

I just added two books to the request list (see below). If there are any people
on this list with an interest in these topics, then may be we can work together
in terms of sharing the cost of purchasing these books, scanning them, and
possibly even making a list of other related books of interest. Please write to
me if you are interested.

Out of Afghanistan: The Inside Story of the Soviet Withdrawal

This is one of the most widely recommended books on the Soviet withdrawal from
Afghanistan, and one of the authors was the UN mediator who negotiated the
Soviet withdrawal

from Afghanistan and has many great insights to share. For more, check the
amazon page:

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Afghanistan-Inside-Soviet-Withdrawal/dp/0195062949

2. The United States and Pakistan: Disenchanted Allies

This remains one of the most standard readings on US-Pakistan relations. Gives
a wealth of info on the history of relations between the two countries starting
from 1947. Amazon page:

http://www.amazon.com/The-United-States-Pakistan-1947-2000/dp/0801865727