[bksvol-discuss] Re: Some Requested Authors from the NfB Congress

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:57:31 -0700

Dan,

Very good point. I did not research them. In some cases an author's earlier
works may be published by a smaller press that we don't have an agreement with.

Scott

From: Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 13:56:22 -0700
To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Some Requested Authors from the NfB Congress

Hi Scott,

Aren’t all of these authors found under publishers that are already submitting
to Bookshare?

If so why would we want to work on them?
[cid:DA74C607725842C98478F129A0674291@danbeaverPC]

It might be better to just let them be submitted by the publishers and we can
spend our time on books from publishers who are not currently submitting to
Bookshare.

Just expressing the concern that many have here.

thanks.