[bksvol-discuss] Re: Some Newbie Questions

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 18:54:47 -0600

Hi William. I’ve been scanning since 2001 or 2002. I personally don’t do much
checking of my scans. I do spot check pages during my scan to see if there are
any major problems that might make me abort the scan. I use k1000 and try to
get the best scan I can but leave correction up to the proofer. I set my
confidence in Kurzweil to 99.5 and if the confidence goes much lower than that
(such as 99.1 or 99.2) I abort the scan.