[bksvol-discuss] Re: Some Newbie Questions

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 19:29:54 -0800

Thanks, Judy. I mistakenly extrapolated ( right word?) from what I do,
smile
Bill, I see Judy answered the question about navigation points, butI think
maybe she didndd't understand your questkon about comments -- or maybe I
don't. If I remember correctly(and I may not because it's been a long time
since I scanned ( When you submit a scan I think there's a space somewhere
on the submission-page for Comments. That's here you'd put that the
should be proofed by a sighted person if necessary, or where you'd out that
you have the print book and someone can contact you if here's a question.
Cindy

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh dear, this isn't correct, Cindy. smile. The proofreader will not put in
the italics if the scanner has removed them. The scanner needs to preserve
italics if they are in the text if they possibly can.

There have perhaps been exceptions when a proofreader who is both sighted
and had access to a book agreed to add italics back into a book that had
them stripped out during the scanning process, but it wouldn't happen as a
matter of course.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese
<https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 11/8/2015 12:53 AM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:

If you can keep he italics, do. If you can't, make a note and teh
proofreader will make the words italicized. Can you do the right
formatting for navigation? Does teh book need to be proofed by a sighted
person?