[bksvol-discuss] Re: Soft page breaks

  • From: Mary Stephens <mstephen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:22:59 -0400

At 11:56 AM 7/24/2008, you wrote:
Hi Mary,
Hi, Carrie. Thanks for double-checking Grand Avenue. What really blew my mind was that the page count in my original submission was exactly what it should have been for the book, including the preliminary pages. But at least it alerted me to the soft page break question and to try to learn what to do about it. Thanks, and have a good trip.

Mary

The number of soft page breaks in a book doesn't matter; it's the number of hard page breaks that does. If your book's number of page breaks is within 10% of the actual number of pages in the book, then it should be approved (assuming everything else is okay). I'm training a replacement for me, since I'm going on a 2-week business trip, but clearly there was some miscommunication between us. Please upload your book and I'll take a look at it.

Carrie